The Freedom Task chair – designed by Niels Diffrient and manufactured by the Humanscale Corp. “The Freedom chair’s next-generation design uses automatic functionality instead of the locks and levers found on traditional chairs. This approach encourages users to change positions throughout the day without needing to operate manual controls, which ultimately promotes user comfort and health.”
Price: around $1000.
Wow, this one really ‘kicks butt’… some incredible chair that is worth the money… for many of us seating at the computers blogging away. An 18-ways adjustable office chair will beat any car seat, even those in 745li BMW’s. At the glance, here’s how the Freedom Task chair can be adjusted – as I’ve calculated, in at least 18-ways:
– dual pivot backrest – 2 ways, up and down + 4 ways to recline around 2 pivots
– seat depth – 2 ways, forward and backward
– arm rests – 4 ways, up and down, outward and inward
– seat height – 2 ways, up and down
– headrest – 2 ways, up and down
And it still has many more features… Read it in detail – . The just Task chair is available with no headrest.
Freedom Task Chair without headrest – backrest moves up and down